Tour "Manampy" : a solidarity holiday
Next to the majestic palm trees, to the fine sandy beaches and an immensely blue sea, there are actually poor and unknown to tourists.
We want to help you to look at this reality in Madagascar with the eyes, the heart and mind of a conscious tourist who sees "beyond" and understands that it can also be helpful for this people. Remember that next to the luxury of the resort, living men, women and children who still do not have toilets or water or electricity: we are in Madagascar one of the poorest countries in the world.
There are two sentences, which are the "leitmotiv" for our path of solidarity and gives meaning to our work:
- "We can not all do great things, but we can do small things with great love" (Mother Teresa)
- "Love is patient, love is kind; love does not envy, it does not boast, it is not inflated, not rude, it does not seek its own interests, does not get angry, it does not keep track of evil received but rejoices of truth endures all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. love never fails "(San Paolo)
We thought for our guests proposals for activities, called "Tour Manampy", finalized the meeting with the Malagasy real life, in which each guest, in his small, can make a real contribution. The word "Manampy" in Malagasy means "help" and is named after the association which we founded and is based at Villa Mangigny: Manampy zaza madiniky.
This young association was founded in October 2015, it consists of 11 families and is regularly recognized in Madagascar and entered in the register of voluntary associations in Nosy Be.
The Manampy Association is in contact with other humanitarian organizations, with which we organize various activities within the voluntary sector.
Activities of the association:
- Promote scholarships to give opportunities to children to attend school
- Distribution of school supplies, clothing and fun
- Promotion and organization of recreational fun workshops
- Promotion of training courses for adults: for example, courses in Italian language and literacy
- Material support for medical and food care of children for poor families
- Reception of volunteers and accompanying in activities
He who comes to stay at our house can choose to come in contact or not with the activities of the association through manampy tour.
It will be a way to get in touch with the world of volunteering, that will change profoundly.
A travel that in addition to make you visit beautiful places, will make you grow a human level along the path of solidarity, snapping photos as indelible in the heart as a Malagasy proverb says: "What the eye has seen, the heart does not forget"
If you are interested in the tour "manampy" you need to contact us by mail so that we can provide all the information on the projects and activities in place before your departure.